Anyone who will be using your system or is responsible for safe work at height should be properly trained on how to use the fall protection system safely and correctly. This could include maintenance personnel, caretakers and property owners or managers.
- A brief overview of relevant Health and Safety legislation to make you aware of your duties within the legislation
- How to wear and check your Personal Fall Protective Equipment (PFPE) i.e. harness, lanyard, blocks, rope and grabs correctly
- A demonstration of the correct use of PFPE
- Understanding the components of our designated system on site i.e. fall prevention systems or suspended access system and how to check that they are safe to use
- Demonstration of the use of the designated system on site (i.e. fall prevention system/suspended access system) appropriately, including motorised controls with SAS
- A basic understanding of what to do in the case of a fall incident
All training programmes are designed to FAS Training Specification QA 58/01 Standard. Delegates who successfully complete this course will be awarded a Skyway Certificate of Training which is valid for 3 years.
What do I need for the training?
- Suitable site clothing including hard hat and boots
- Your own PPE