Course Title: Roofs and Facades: Providing a Safe Workplace at Height
Course Code: SHC 1004
Next Course Date Available: Call us now on 046 92 41771 to book a date that suits you.
Skyway delivers an RIAI & Engineers Ireland approved Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course to clients throughout Ireland – primarily it is aimed at design teams to ensure that they are cognisant of their responsibilities in providing for future safe access to the envelope of buildings for maintenance. The course details the types of equipment and systems available to them as designers to satisfy future “Work at Height” issues.
The course has been delivered to most Architectural Practices in Ireland as well as Facilities Management Companies, Building Contractors, Councils, Colleges and Trust Boards.
Following completion of this one hour session the participants will have an understanding of the following:
- Relevant Health and Safety Legislation and an awareness of the duties within the legislation. It is not a detailed study of legislation – this would take a whole day on its own
- The factors involved in a fall
- Simple, practical guidelines on how to assess the requirements of the Legislation. The key is “Risk Assessment” and to consider access as early as possible in the design process
- The differences between “Collective Protection” and “Individual Protection” and what the designer should aim for
- Practical systems and equipment for gaining access onto roofs and to remain safe while working on same. Similarly for future safe access to the façades and atria of buildings for window cleaning, maintenance and inspection
- New developments in height safe access equipment
- The difference between “Fall Arrest” and “Fall Restraint” and why rescue is a major consideration
- Common mistakes made on projects
- The need to use specialist subcontractors with Professional Indemnity Insurance – detailed design responsibility should not rest with the architect/design team
The trainer will also have samples of Work at Height equipment – e.g. Harnesses, Lanyards and other fall prevention system components. The participants will be provided with a pack at the end of the course which includes a hard copy of the presentation.
Duration: 1 hour
Who should attend?
Particularly useful to architects, safety consultants, health and safety officers, facilities managers and engineers as well as main contractors, maintenance personnel, property managers and owners.
Participants are requested to fill in an evaluation sheet before leaving the room – this helps to continually evaluate the training module and is a requirement under Skyway’s ISO9001 Quality Management System.
In order to achieve the objectives outlined, the trainer will need a dedicated quiet area (eg boardroom/classroom/meeting room). The trainer has a laptop and projector (and screen if necessary). The presentation is on PowerPoint and has many photos to help participants understand all aspects of the programme.
Delegates who attend this course of instruction will be awarded an RIAI CPD Certificate. Certificates will be emailed within one week of the course.
Can also be provided at Skyway’s Training Centre if required.
Free seminar includes complimentary lunch.
To book a date that suits you please contact our office at 046 9241771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries, call 046 92 41771 or fill out the contact form below.